Member Content Page
GSTA plans to add a growing number of resources for members. These include:
- Copies of handouts from all GSTA Conference proposals for which the presenters have provided materials
- STEM Resources & Links
- Member Discussion Forum - please participate to share ideas and ask questions
- Back issues of eObservations
Members may access these resources by logging in to the website using your email address and password. If you have not set up a password, enter your email and then choose the "forgot password" option. You will be emailed a link which will allow you to create a password for your account. Additionally, the following public documents to our members:
- New Science Standards Framework - released in the summer of 2011 this document has been released by the National Academies Press to guide the next generation of science standards.
- Taking Science to School - this National Academies Press publication is currently the guiding document for research-based science education strategies. Every K-8 science teacher should be familiar with this publication.
- Effective Science Instruction: What does Research Tell us? - the Center on Instruction produced this short document that summarizes characteristics of effective instruction in science; a must-read for science teachers at all levels.